1. Ownership: – The goods remain the property of Sam Carpets Ltd until payment is made in full.
2. Payments: – Cash or cheque followed by valid cheque guarantee card. Credit or debit cards also accepted. Any dishonoured cheques shall be subjected to a £30.00 Administration charge. This will also mean any favourable purchasing terms will be withdrawn at this point.
3. Prices: – Goods will be charged at current price list as published. The company cannot accept responsibility for out of date prices. Value Added Tax is added to net prices at the rate ruling at the date of despatch.
4. Tolerance: – All carpets sold & supplied by us is subject to a tolerance of plus or minus 1.25% in respect of length or width.
5. Shade Variation: – Due to the methods of manufacturing, it is impossible to colour match 4m & 5m carpets when ordered together.
6. Pile Pressure/Shading: – All pile carpets, particularly plain carpets, have a tendency to show light & dark areas associated with crushing of the pile in traffic lanes or in front of furniture. No amount of care on the part of the manufacturing process can prevent this from happening, commonly known as pile reversal. The company cannot accept responsibility for any complaints from these effects.
7. Faulty Goods: – Unfitted complaints: All goods must be inspected prior to installation, as fitting charges will not be entertained. Fitted complaints: Once goods have been installed, we will arrange for an independent inspection. The charges for this service will be paid by the responsible party. Under no circumstances will Sam Carpets Ltd reimburse any fitting or uplifting costs once we have agreed to replace the faulty material.
8. Return of Goods: – The policy of the company is not to accept the return of goods.
9. Return of Faulty Goods: – The Company will only accept the return of goods provided it has been agreed to do so. All returns must be wrapped & marked ready for collection.
10. Deliveries: – Information on date or time of delivery is given in good faith. However, the company cannot accept responsibility for any delays in delivery. Deliveries on site must be agreed with sales office prior to placing orders. Any special arrangements will be charged accordingly. Redelivery charges will apply, if the customer refuses to accept the goods on first attempt.
11. Cancellations: – Orders cannot be cancelled after goods have been despatched. Cuts below 4m lengths will be charged 50% & Cuts exceeding 4m will be charged 25%. Special Orders cannot be cancelled. Cancellations must be agreed with sales office.
12. Damage or shortages must be notified within 3 days following delivery, failing that we will not entertain any complaints.